1854, Worsham, Virginia
The Prince Edward County Old Stone Jail is part of the Prince Edward County Court House Complex in Worsham, Virginia. This is one of three buildings sold as a single kit. Click here for the Court House itself, sold separately.
These buildings formed the administrative core of the court village of Prince Edward County, from its establishment in 1754 until the county seat was moved to Farmville in 1872.
The third jail on the site, the Old Stone Jail stood from 1854 until the mid-1960s, when it was demolished and ground into gravel for the highway department. Approximately 6 inches wide, 4 inches deep, and 5 inches high.
The full kit with all three buildings includes seven sheets plus illustrated instructions, $12.95 plus shipping. Available directly from the Farmville-Prince Edward Historical Society at www.fpehs.org.